I've always considered myself to be a pretty engaged parent. I genuinely enjoy spending time with Morgan (and Shylee when she is here) and since she was born, I've longed for the opportunity to just be home with her. That being said, I'll be the first to admit that being a stay at home mom is, well, a little different than I expected it to be. While the past several weeks have been full of fun and sharing countless precious moments with my daughter, they have also brought about some of the worst "UGH!" moments I've had since becoming a parent. And so, in the spirit of fun (and a little frustration) I present the first "You Know You're a Mom When(sday)".
- You yell at your kid for yelling at you.
- You don't realize until the end credits are rolling that your child has been asleep for the past 20 minutes and you just watched that entire episode of Calliou by yourself.
- You're woken from a deep sleep by toddler feet smacking you in the face.
- You can recite an entire collection of children's books word-for-word without looking at a single page.
- Everything your family needs to survive for a week can be found in your purse or on the floor of your car.
- Your idea of "me time" consists of three minutes alone in the bathroom.
- You proudly tell other parents about the new "incentive program" you've implemented when what you really mean is, "I've been bribing my kid with candy."
- You accidentally cut your husband's sandwich into quarters like you do for the kids.
- The words "stop washing your hands in the toilet" and "please don't bite the dog" leave your mouth on a regular basis.
- Having chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner four nights in a row seems like a totally rational idea.
- You realize that the thought of an uninterrupted nap is more exciting than the thought of uninterrupted sex.
What are some of your "You Know You're a Mom (or Dad) When..." moments?
Share in the comments or write your own post and share the link!