Sunday, October 7, 2012

My God given right as a parent

The other night the girls and I were in Wal Mart picking up a few last minute items to prepare for my sister in law's wedding when Shylee said, "Jenny, my stomach is hurting."

"Did you eat too much," I asked.

"I don't think so."

"Do you need to poop?"

"Ew," she said, disgusted, "NO!"

"Are you sure? I bet you need to poop."

"I'm SURE! And I think those people right there can hear you, " she said, pointing.

So I said a little louder, "It's okay. Everyone poops. You don't need to be shy about it."

That's when she took as step toward me, motioned for me to come closer and whispered, "I really don't need to poop.... and you're kind of embarrassing me."

Still crouched down so I was at her eye level, I sweetly said, "Welcome to the rest of your life, kiddo."

I can't decide whether this makes me an awful person or if it means that I'm finally magnifying my calling as a parent.

1 comment:

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!