Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another kind of family

One thing I've never been able to complain about is the view from my hospital room. The rooms we (the CF patients) stay in probably have the best view in the entire hospital. Morgan and Adam love to watch the helicopters come and go, and I simply can't get enough of those sunsets. Aaah, the sunsets. 








I got home from the hospital yesterday. Overall it was a pretty uneventful stay, which is the way I prefer things. I've had enough eventful stays to know that it never pays to be "interesting" in a hospital setting.

After I packed my things up and began saying goodbye to everyone, I actually got a little teary-eyed. Of course I was incredibly excited to get home, but at the same time I couldn't help but think of how much I was going to miss everyone there.

The nurses and aides, the respiratory therapists, the other patients... these people have honestly become some of my dearest friends. It's unfortunate that this is the area of my life where I have met such wonderful people, but it's also nice to know that the next time I have to leave my family to get feeling better, I'll be received by another kind of family at the hospital. A girl couldn't ask for much more.

To my amazing hospital family, I could never thank you enough.

4 comments:

  1. As always, it's great to see you and how awesome it was to finally meet Adam and Morgan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I feel the same way, and think about that every time I go in....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of the above although the majority of the time I get the pleasure of looking at a building. Corner rooms are not my favorite, but the care I get definitely makes up for that aspect of it! I completely feel the same teary emotions. Such incredibly amazing people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back home Jenny. Beautiful pictures!!

    "GA"

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!