Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's that time again

After feeling pretty run down for several weeks, today was the breaking point. I battled a fever and shortness of breath most of the day and once evening rolled around, I felt an all too familiar stabbing pain in my lower right lung. It's time to go the hospital again. And as much as I hate the thought of putting life on hold for a couple weeks, I'm ready to get feeling better. 

Last year was a really rough year for me health-wise. I was hospitalized five times within a 12 month period, and each hospitalization brought with it an incredible amount of stress, plenty of arguing between Adam and I (because, unfortunately, too much stress gives us both a pretty short fuse) and a great deal of uncertainty. Just a year later, though my last admission was only three months ago, we're handling the possibility of me being admitted again extremely well. There has been no arguing or stress involved, it simply is what it is and we are both fine with that (this time around, anyway). 

It's a strange thing, this new normal. Part of me resents the fact that this is something we've had to become okay with, but mostly I'm grateful that I have access to the care I need, that the people I work with are so understanding and want me to get feeling better (more about them later - seriously, I have the BEST coworkers!) and that I have a husband who loves me enough to let me leave him for a couple weeks every now and then. 

It's also great knowing that I'll return feeling like myself again, ready to take advantage of the great weather and plenty more evenings at home, doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the company of my loves.  


Unless there is some drastic change between now and then 
I won't actually be going in until Wednesday. I likely won't be 
updating again before then though, since I plan on spending most of 
the next few days cuddling with the adorable trio pictured above. 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry Jen! It's so hard to have your life disrupted for 2 weeks. You handle it like a champ. I know Heather Hall is there now and Stephany Fellows is there til Thurs. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I know the feeling. I, too, really struggled with the "new normal" in the last few years - I went from being a once-a-year gal before 2008, to hardly being able to stay out for 3 months at a time for most of the past 4 years. I will say, though, that every time I go "okay, fine, I guess I'm in this for the long hall" - things change and I end up spending a longer time out. So, it's definitely unpredictable. But it's still not easy to go in so often, and have it feel like such an established part of your life and routine. Good luck! I hope that you can get feeling better very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Jenny. I hope you can get better soon so you can be home! I will keep you in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!