Thursday, April 12, 2012

Every once in a while

Checking my email is a daunting task, one I look forward to about as much as I look forward to cleaning my oven. Who am I trying to kid? I don't clean my oven. Anyway, back to email -  I don't dislike it because I get an overwhelming amount that takes me hours to sort through or anything like that. It's because at least 8 out of 10 messages I receive are completely junk. There's rarely anything interesting or worth my time, so I usually open my inbox and briefly glance at each subject line as I'm hitting "delete".

Is Your Child Gifted? 
Of course she is, duh. 
Delete.

Add Three Inches to Your Manhood NOW! 
I'm just fine with the size of my manhood, but thanks anyway. 
Delete. 

Are You Man Enough to Watch This? 
Darn it! If only I'd replied to that previous email. 
Delete.  

Superman in a Bottle 
I prefer genies in a bottle. 
Delete. 

Optics, Military Supplies and Turkey Hunting 
Ummmmm.... what? 
Delete. 


But every once in a while I come across something so awesome, so sweet and flattering that I read it over and over again. And then I share it on my blog. Like this: 


You don’t know me, but I after reading your blog for some time now, I feel like I know you. First, I want to be sure to tell you, I’m not a stalker... although right now, sending this email, I'm certainly feeling like one. I wanted to let you know that your blog is like a good book I can’t put down. I often find myself thinking about you, your trials and your positive attitude. Your optimism is inspiring. I'm impressed by your wisdom and your great sense of humor through everything. Most of all I wanted to write this email to say thank you. Thank you for putting yourself out there. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for reminding me to appreciate the little things. Thank you for your blog.  

Your not so secret admirer/stalker, 
*Name Withheld 

P.S. I hope I didn't creep you out too much.


I know what you're all thinking: I have the COOLEST stalker in the whole world, right? Thanks to my new friend for making me smile. Your sweet words made not only my night, but my whole week! For the record, I don't think that my trials are necessarily harder than anyone else's, we've all just been dealt a different hand in life. And, especially lately, my husband would emphatically tell you that I'm not always "positive" or "optimistic" (have I mentioned those #!%^#@! remodeling projects???). But I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy reading what I write. Thank you

2 comments:

  1. I swear, those e-mails are what keep blogging worthwhile! I got one this week and it just brought an enormous smile to my face. And for the record, I'm among those that love your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathy blanchardMonday, 23 April, 2012

    Hello,

    I am not sure how I found this, but I had a daughter with cystic fibrosis. She passed away September 1, 2010. Kami was a wife and a mother. She left her husband, her daughter Kloie - 10, and daughter Addyson - 5, two Sisters, Kelly and Kassie, and me, Kathy, her mother. I miss her everyday! And even though it has been almost two years, my heart aches for her every day! I am doing the Great Strides walk in St Joseph, Mi. because I want you and all the other young adults and children that have cystic fibrosis, to live until way past retirement age! I am working towards a cure!
    I will be writing you again.
    Kathy Blanchard

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!