Monday, February 6, 2012

Liebster Award

I was thrilled to learn that my new friend Colleen, author of  Live* Laugh* Love* Breathe* recently chose me for a Liebster Blog Award.

Liebster is a German word that literally translates to "favorite", "dearest" or "beloved". By one blogger giving it to another, they are essentially saying, your blog is a favorite of mine. And that's pretty cool, right? I'm always a little surprised to learn that someone takes pleasure in reading this little blog of mine.

(Just now I accidentally typed "blob of mine" instead of "blog of mine" and for a minute, I seriously considered leaving it that way.) 

The rules of the Liebster Blog Award are:
1) Acknowledge the blogger who gave the award by linking back to them
2) Give this award to 5 other bloggers (who have fewer than 200 readers), and let them know through a comment on their blog
3) Post the award on your blog
4) Best of all - bask in the glory, have fun and share the love!

I had a hard time only choosing five because I love all the blogs I read... which is why I read them. However, it needed to be done, so my five picks are these (and yes, they are all CF blogs because most of the others that I follow are private family blogs or blogs that have far more than 200 followers):

Miracles Happen
The author of this blog, Emilee, also has cystic fibrosis, but aside from that she has two adorable children (both of who's birth stories are pretty miraculous), a great sense of humor and more faith than most people I know... combined. She has been such an inspiration to me on several occasions and I'm so happy to have met her.

Confessions of a Cyster
Stacey's writing is informative, heartfelt and oftentimes very funny. She hasn't been updating as frequently as I'd like (I'm pretty selfish that way) but if you go take a look around her blog, I guarantee you'll find something you like and most likely, you'll learn something new.

Let Me Fly
Jamie is another wife and mom living with CF, but our similarities don't end there. We share similar interests and life views; on several occasions we have found ourselves hospitalized at the same time, thinking the same thing, or dealing with eerily similar issues in life. Jamie is my Cyber Soul Cyster, and I simply adore her. She blogs about her struggles with CF, her adventures as a mom and about life in general.

Let Your Life Speak
This is a hard one for me to write about because the last time that Summer posted was over a year ago. Soon after Summer and I became friends, she passed away. Another life taken by CF way too soon. I've probably read all her posts three times by now, but her blog remains a favorite of mine and I still find myself wandering over there every now and then. When I'm having a particularly rough time, I can often find comfort and inspiration in her words. She'll never know how much our short friendship touched my life.

Love to Breathe
Just read a couple of Somer Love's posts and you'll see why I love Love to Breathe. Somer is upbeat, funny and always full of helpful hints and advice. Head on over and get to know Somer and her fur babies, Ocsar and Lilly Love.

Seriously, I have to stop now because I could go on and on talking about blogs that I love. Thanks again for this award, Colleen!

6 comments:

  1. I am so honored, Jenny! I will write up a post with my top 5 within the next couple days.

    I'll try to post more, too! I really, really will try! You're the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jenny! You made my day! I'll do my nominations as well...sadly, you took the ones I would have done:). Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey - I was mostly teasing. I know you've been busy... hopefully the good kind of busy! But the truth is, I do miss your posts. :)YOU'RE the greatest!

    Emilee - You are very welcome! As soon as I started going through blogs to nominate, I thought "So many of us are friends, it will be hard for people to keep picking new blogs". Oh well, it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Jenny, I am honored really. You picked my favorites too, I guess no surprise there :)

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!