Tuesday, February 7, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 23

15 facts about me:

1. I have totally sucked at this blogging challenge... but in all fairness, you can't say I didn't warn you that this might happen.

#3
2. When I was little I thought that only boys had eyebrows and only girls had eyelashes.

3. I've never broken a bone, but I have had a major tendon severed by a lawnmower. I hear that as far as injuries go, a severed tendon might even be worse than a broken bone. Who am I to say?

4. One of the few talents I have is wrapping my legs behind my head. When I was 8 and 1/2 months pregnant with Morgan, Adam bet me that I couldn't get even get one leg behind my head successfully. He lost.

5. In my opinion, one of the best breakfast foods on the planet is leftover curry and rice from the night before.

6. I didn't even know who was playing in the Superbowl this year until it was over. 

7. I've never been a very lucky person. In any given situation, the odd or unusual will happen to me. (See #3)

8. I can't sing. At all. But that doesn't stop me from randomly bursting into song, oftentimes in public. 
#9

9. I used to spend hours practicing my handwriting in the hope that one day I would write just like Stacey McGill from The Babysitters Club.

10. I've never been "cool", but my kid's don't know that. In fact, both Morgan and Shylee are young enough that they believe their dad and I are the coolest people on earth. I dread the day when they no longer think I'm awesome.  

11. This year Adam and I will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary and a total of seven years together... a fact that completely blows my mind! 

12. My grandpa died over a year ago, but I still can't bring myself to change the contact information in my cell phone from "Grandma and Grandpa" to simply "Grandma". In my mind, that would be choosing to erase a part of him and I refuse to do it.

13. TV commercials sometimes make me cry.

14. All the DVD's I own are arranged alphabetically. Even though the rest of my house is often a mess, my DVD rack is always in order. Just another weird quirk of mine.

15. When my days on this earth are done, more than anything I want people to be able to say that I was a person who really knew how to love.

5 comments:

  1. Jenny, I loved this blog! So many of them I really relate to. I'm glad to hear you haven't changed your garadma and grandpa info. I lost my mom back in 96' and almost every day I miss her truely! About the curry and rice leftovers...Hell yes its one of the best! Lastly, my oldest boy thinks I'm kind of dorky now but we really do connect and are constantly teasing and laughing together!
    Brian Francis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My favorIte is that you wanted to write like Stacey McGill! I love the babysitters club. In fact if that movie were to come on tv right now I would probably watch it. I hope to getmy daughter into these books very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jenny when my Day 30 comes I'm just gonna copy and paste the majority of yours! Thanks for doing the leg work, pun intended! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please carry on writing these 'real' articles. When people are so honest about every day life not to try to impress but to find out if others experience similar instances, it can be jolly funny to laugh, at human nature.
    I still have my dad's cell phone no. on my LG800 Tracfone, he died a year ago and I will never take it off my phone and I don't want to get a new phone because I know I can't put my dad's cell phone no. on it, because then others will think I'm over the top. But at least I'm still saving about $800 using prepaid Tracfone cards compared to being on my last contract.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!