Sunday, February 19, 2012

200 posts ago

I recently saw this idea on another blog and thought it might be fun to try. Every once in a while I'll link to the article I wrote 200 posts ago so we can see what was happening in life and how I was feeling back then. When I discovered which post I'd be linking to today, I seriously considered waiting for a week or two to start this, but since I am who I am and have no shame whatsoever, I'm just gonna go ahead with it today.

This should be an interesting welcome for my most recent followers.

My aching boobs
Originally published August 14, 2010

"If I were home, I'd totally have cabbage leaves in my bra. (Except they are so engorged that I can't wear a bra, so I guess the cabbage would just be in my shirt.) In fact, I've heard it provides such wonderful relief that I probably would have boobed my way through half a head of cabbage by now. But for some reason, I haven't been able to talk my doctor into putting an order in for some boob-cabbage..."

4 comments:

  1. Haha of all posts right? I read the original though and it was sad. I have to say that I am really glad you were able to breastfeed even if it was cut short. I want to breastfeed so badly, but have been told by many cysters not to get my hopes up. Did you have trouble keeping the weight on? I would love any breastfeeding input!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - :)

    Inhaling Hope - I looked on your blog but couldnt't find an email address to contact you personally (though admittedly, I didn't search very long). I would love, love, LOVE to chat about breastfeeding as well as anything else you may be curious about. If you'll leave me your email address or contact me at livingstonlife@hotmail.com that would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard through the end of the post. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to wean her, and I think you did a great job explaining the emotional difficulty you were going through. I love that you are revisiting old posts through this idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!