Some of you may not know this, but I haven't been on a first date in almost a hundred years. Okay, maybe it's closer to 7 years, but the point is that I haven't been in the dating circuit for quite sometime. I was never that girl who wanted to have dinner at a romantic restaurant followed by a long walk on the beach or anything like that. Most of my dating experiences consisted of "hanging out" with my guy friends. In fact, Adam and I never even had an official first date.
One of the few actual, honest-to-goodness dates I went on (which happened to be the first and last with this particular boy) was so awkward that instead of sharing thoughts about a PERFECT first date, I'm going to bend the rules and share a few tips about what NOT to do on a first date.
1) Do NOT take someone who has neither read the Harry Potter books nor seen any of the Harry Potter movies to the third movie and spend the whole time trying to bring her up to speed with what's happening. She doesn't care.
2) Do NOT offer to buckle her seatbelt for her. Opening doors is nice, buckling seatbelts is a little Ted Bundy-ish.
3) Do NOT under any circumstances pass gas in front of her. Propriety is extremely important to us ladies. Wait until at least the third date before you rip one, dude.
4) If she clearly doesn't want to hold your hand during the movie (no matter how much time you spend "accidentally" tickling her arm), do NOT try to kiss her at the door when you drop her off.
5) Do NOT assume that going on one date means you are an exclusive item, and do NOT tell your friends that you "totally hooked up" with her.
If you want to jump on the 30 Days of Blogging bandwagon, it's not too late! You can start at any time. Let's have some fun and get to know a little bit more about each other. Here's the list again:
Day 1 - Your Favorite SongDay 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date
Day 4 - Your favorite photograph of your best friend(s)
Day 5 - Talk about your pets
Day 6 - A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet
Day 7 - Your dream wedding
Day 8 - A song to match your mood
Day 9 - A photo of the item you last purchased
Day 10 - A photo of your favorite place to eat
Day 11 - What's in your make-up bag/purse
Day 12 - Your current relationship status
Day 13 - A few of your favorite quotes, mottos, or versus
Day 14 - TV show (or shows) you're currently addicted to
Day 15 - Something you don't leave the house without
Day 16 - Describe a passion you have
Day 17 - How you hope your future will be like
Day 18 - Five things that irritate you
Day 19 - Your reflection in the mirror
Day 20 - The meaning behind your blog name
Day 21 - A photo of something that makes you happy
Day 22 - A letter to someone who has hurt or OR made you happy recently
Day 23 - 15 Facts about you
Day 24 - A photo of something that means a lot to you
Day 25 - 5 of your favorite movies/books
Day 26 - A photo of somewhere you want to go
Day 27 - What kind of person attracts you?
Day 28 - In this past month, what have you learned?
Day 29 - Something you could never get tired of doing
Day 30 - A photo of yourself plus 3 good things that have happened within the last 30 days