Saturday, January 28, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 13

A few of your favorite quotes, mottos or verses.

I love good quotes! I can literally spend hours at a time reading the words of people much smarter than myself. I got a book from my employer a few weeks ago simply called Great Quotes from Great Leaders and it has quickly become one of my all time favorite books. Some quotes that stood out to me are:
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than it's opposite." ~ Nelson Mandela
"We must become the change we want to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved." ~ Helen Keller
"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." ~ Ronald Reagan
"If we have no peace it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~ Mother Teresa
Some other quotes I like:
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." ~ Unknown
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West
And one more of my favorites; I have this one typed up on a piece of paper and taped to my bedroom mirror so I see it at least once every day:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in a quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. " ~ Mary Jean Iron

1 comment:

  1. I love quotes as well, and these quotes were particularly beautiful! I actually am stealing the bottom quote and want to cut it out and post it somewhere as well!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!