Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 1

A few of my blogger friends are doing this, and since my sister in law (Hi, Ember!) is always telling me to post more often, I thought I'd give it a try. Now, I have to be honest and tell you up front that I'm not going to follow through with this EVERY day, but I'll definitely be more inclined to post something if I have an outline to follow. The less thinking involved on my part, the better!

I'm posting the list here, in case any of you want to join. You can jump in at any point; the posts don't have to coincide with the day of the month or anything like that.

~~~~~~~~

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Day 2 - Your Favorite Movie
Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date
Day 4 - Your favorite photograph of your best friend(s)
Day 5 - Talk about your pets
Day 6 - A photo of an animal you'd love to keep as a pet
Day 7 - Your dream wedding
Day 8 - A song to match your mood
Day 9 - A photo of the item you last purchased
Day 10 - A photo of your favorite place to eat
Day 11 - What's in your make-up bag/purse
Day 12 - Your current relationship status
Day 13 - A few of your favorite quotes, mottos, or versus
Day 14 - TV show (or shows) you're currently addicted to
Day 15 - Something you don't leave the house without
Day 16 - Describe a passion you have
Day 17 - How you hope your future will be like
Day 18 - Five things that irritate you
Day 19 - Your reflection in the mirror
Day 20 - The meaning behind your blog name
Day 21 - A photo of something that makes you happy
Day 22 - A letter to someone who has hurt or OR made you happy recently
Day 23 - 15 Facts about you
Day 24 - A photo of something that means a lot to you
Day 25 - 5 of your favorite movies/books
Day 26 - A photo of somewhere you want to go
Day 27 - What kind of person attracts you?
Day 28 - In this past month, what have you learned?
Day 29 - Something you could never get tired of doing
Day 30 - A photo of yourself plus 3 good things that have happened within the last 30 days

~~~~~~~~

So, here we go... Day 1: My Favorite Song

Like most people (I'm assuming) my favorite song changes with my mood or what I'm currently going through in life, which means that my list of favorite songs is pretty long. But one of my ALL TIME favorites is Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson.

Not only am I a huge fan of Michael's, I think the message this song shares is incredibly powerful (some say it's "cheesy", which is okay since I'm also a huge fan of cheese). I've always been a bit of a hippie at heart and, cheesy or not, this song really tugs at those heartstrings.




I'm gonna make a change,
For once in my life
It's gonna feel real good,
Gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right

As I turn up the collar on
My favorite winter coat
This wind is blowing my mind
I see the kids on the street
With not enough to eat
Who am I to be blind
Pretending not to see their needs

A summers disregard, a broken bottle top
And a one man soul
They follow each other on the wind ya' know
'Cause they got nowhere to go
That's why I want you to know

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
It's time that I realize
There are some with no home, not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me, pretending that they're not alone

A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind ya' see
'Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me

I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

You gotta get it right, while you got the time
'Cause when you close your heart
Then you close your mind

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, that was very powerful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song!! Looking forward to all of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!