Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What a beautiful ride

I once told Adam that 2009 was the hardest year I'd ever experienced. My stepmom's diagnosis of cancer, Adam getting laid off multiple times, and my worst CF exacerbation to date were just a few of the things that made it such a difficult time. But it was also the year that I got to experience the miracle of being pregnant and bringing my little angel into this world. Even with all the hard things we endured, we had so much to be thankful for.  

I dare say that this year has rivaled 2009 as far as loss and heartache. My grandpa and two uncles passed away, as well as a few good friends of mine - many of whom were far too young. But I can't deny the fact that 2011 has also been one of the happiest and most blessed years I've known.  

Life certainly is unpredictable, but isn't that what makes it so much fun?  

The struggles make you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has it's own way of taking it's sweet time
No, life ain't always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life ain't always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride
 ~ Gary Allan
Life Ain't Always Beautiful



Man, it's been a beautiful ride!

1 comment:

  1. May your ride continue to be beautiful and long. I love you, Jenny. I wish you and your family a happy, loving and more blessings than you can use in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!