Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Currently loving

1. Christmas Music


Adam has never been a fan of Christmas music and every time I randomly belt out "PINE COOOONES AND HOLLLLLY BERRIES!" he rolls his eyes so hard that I can practically hear them hitting the back of his skull. But I just can't get enough of the stuff this year! I love to crank it up while I'm driving, cooking dinner, doing the dishes, etc. I've been listening to this mix over at xmasfun.com and a couple different holiday stations on Pandora.


2. Essential Oils


I started using DoTerra essential oils earlier this year (along with the rest of the world, apparently... I swear, at least twice a week I get an invitation to some kind of party involving DoTerra). There is a protocol specifically for cystic fibrosis that I started following about three months ago (though I've made a few changes as I've discovered which oils I like best and which ones I feel work for me). November marked my fourth hospital-free month... the longest stretch of health I've had in a year! During those four months I was able to conquer two pretty nasty colds that I'm certain would have landed me in the hospital earlier this year. I honestly feel that the essential oils are at least partially to credit for that.

(I'm working on a full post about the oils I've been using and the benefits they have, so keep an eye out for that if it's something that interests you. Oh, and if anyone from my clinic happens to be reading this, don't worry, I promise not to nebulize peppermint oil!)


3. Hobble Creek Candles


Every year I have the opportunity to purchase Hobble Creek Candles at an incredibly discounted price through my work. They are hands down the best candles I've ever bought! Among my favorite scents are Jack Frost, Home for the Holidays, Citrus Pine and Cranberry Wood Spice. I've constantly had one on the burner since the day I brought them home. They make my home smell so Christmasy, and I love it!


4. Old Friends


In the past few weeks I've been able to chat and reconnect with a couple old friends, and it's been great! There aren't many people in my life with whom I've formed such a strong connection that regardless how much time passes between our visits, when we finally do see each other again it's as if we were never apart. I'm so happy to have a couple of those people back in my life.

6 comments:

  1. I love Doterra as well. I've been using essential oils for 15+ years. Haven't heard of a cf specific regimen before so I am excited for you to share! I have to agree on Christmas music too. If only the "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" song was never heard of again, I'd be thrilled beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri - My mom used essential oils quite frequently while I was growing up (especially when I was sick) and through my adult years I've used a couple of the basics (liek peppermint) every now and then. It's only been recently though that I began learning about a wider variety of the oils and using them on a daily basis.

    And you're right, there are a handful of Christmas songs that I'm not incredibly fond of and that is definitely one of them!

    I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be really interested in hearing about the CF protocol as well! I've used quite a few over the years (probably my favorites for CF are eucalyptus and tea tree).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for your post, I've recently gotten into natural cures and medicines and I've finally started feeling "healthy" again. Despite the fact that I have a pretty crappy cold right now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy and Misha - Hopefully I'll have that posted within the next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny

    Do you know where I can get some Hobble Creek Candles? I think they are closed.

    David Payne
    nubones4u@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!