Monday, October 10, 2011

A few good things

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. Life has been pretty crazy the past couple weeks; some good things, some really difficult. But this post is all about the great things that have been going on around here.

I had a GREAT clinic appointment last week! Two months post-hospital, my PFTs were up 3% (woohoo!!!) and aside from when I was pregnant, I currently weigh more than ever before. There is definitely some toning and strengthening that I'd like to do (I don't think people should still be asking if I'm pregnant two years after I had my baby), but it feels good to be at a healthy weight and I feel better prepared to take on cold and flu season now that I'm packing a few more pounds than usual.

[Maybe I’d better clarify that last statement for some of you. People with CF often have a hard time gaining and maintaining weight. Nutrition and general lung health are closely linked, and normal body weight is associated with better preservation of lung function. So a few extra pounds are definitely welcome here!]

We recently had the opportunity to take Morgan to The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. There were a ton of different animals, definitely more than I expected to see in Utah. Morgan had a blast looking at the "Nemo Fish" and Adam especially loved the penguins, but my favorite part was the sting ray pool where we were actually able to touch the animals.

"Look, Mama. It's Meemo!"
   
Morgan kept apologizing for poking the frog's eye
  
Can you find the fish/creature in this one?

Adam and I were able to get away, just the two of us, this past weekend. We went to Frightmares at Lagoon which was a lot of fun and really got me into the Halloween spirit. Then we finally stayed somewhere we've always wanted to - The Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. Our room was INCREDIBLE and it was absolutely the most romantic night we've ever spent together.
      
    I fell in love with this building the minute I saw it.
       
    This bed was sooo comfortable!
      
    This mural on the bathroom wall was really neat. I wish I would have gotten
    a better picture of the stars painted across the ceiling.
      
    I loved this tub and waterfall shower so much, I had to take
    two baths in the short time we were there.
        
    Apple cider and cheesecake... Mmmmm!
     
                                        That sink? Yeah, I'm totally thinking I need an old fashioned water
                                        pump in my bathroom at home now.
                                        I'm trying to make an effort to spend more time alone with Adam. I recently mentioned that he sometimes has a hard time getting me out of the house, but weekends like this make it easy for me to say, "Alright babe, when are we getting a babysitter again?"

                                      2 comments:

                                      1. That would be so much fun. I would love to go and spend a night at one of those places but Landon would never go for it! :(

                                        ReplyDelete
                                      2. K so weird thing! I got engaged to my ex husband in that room. I loved the room and ended up hating my parting gift lol. Glad you guys got some you time!

                                        ReplyDelete

                                      First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!