Monday, October 10, 2011

Brent Scott Simmons

"Each day of human life contains joy and anger, pain and pleasure, darkness and light, growth and decay. Each moment is etched with nature's grand design - do not try to deny or oppose the cosmic order of things." ~Morihei Ueshiba
Last week my uncle Brent died unexpectedly in a small plane crash. This news shook my world. My grandpa passed away just ten months ago, and it was a very difficult thing to deal with, but at the same time he was old and had lived a full life. It was a natural, normal thing. Brent was only 40, and this was in no way "normal". I've struggled to deal with the "why" in all of this.

His funeral was today and while it was a very emotional and difficult day, there was such beauty in the love that was present. Without going into detail, I want to say that after today I have no more questions of "why", only a greater knowledge that this life is indeed beautiful and there is purpose in everything.

We love you Brent, and you will be dearly missed.


Brent Scott Simmons, 40, of Manti, passed away on October 4, 2011. Brent was born April 22, 1971 to Shirl Albert Simmons and Joyce Beckstrom in Spanish Fork, Utah.



Brent loved his Father in Heaven and his Savior Jesus Christ, he loved learning about the Atonement and sharing his learning with those he loved and met.


Brent had a great love for the outdoors. He loved the quiet stillness of the early morning. He was 110% committed to everything he did. He had an amazing talent for woodworking, he was a true carpenter. Brent had a passion for flying, on Tuesday, October 4 his life long love and dream came true.


Brent is survived by his wife, Cindy and her children: Matthew, Nathan and Niki Bashaw. He is also survived by his parents, siblings; David R.(Malea) Simmons, Janice (Terri) Groo, Norman (Jennifer) Simmons, Jerry Lee (Amanda) Simmons, Ray Dean (Tiffany) Simmons, Rodney (Melissa) Simmons, Brian (Julie) Simmons and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his grandparents.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man - how horrible and difficult for your family. You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's always hard when anyone you love passes away, but especially when they are young. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. He must have been a great uncle to be around and love. Condolences to you and your family as I am sure he will be missed very much.

    "GA"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. If you need anything let me know. You and your family are in my thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!