Thursday, October 27, 2011

Beautiful Heartbreak

Because I'm a firm believer that beauty exists even in the midst of pain; because there's currently a lot going on in life that I don't understand (yet); and because this touched me too much to not share it, here's a little something I think you should watch:



I had it all mapped out in front of me
Knew just where I wanted to go
But life decided to change my plans
And I found a mountain in the middle of my road


I knew there was no way to move it
So I searched for a way around
Broken-hearted, I started climbing
And at the top I found


Every fear, every doubt, all the pain I went through
Was the price that I paid to see this view
And now that I'm here I would never trade
The grace that I feel and the faith that I find
Through the bittersweet tears and the sleepless nights

I used to pray He'd take it all away
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak


I never dreamed my heart would make it
I thought about turning around
But Heaven has shown me miracles
I never would have seen from the ground

Now I take the rain with the sunshine
Cuz there's one thing that I know
He picks up the pieces along each broken road
 
Every fear, every doubt, all the pain I went through
Was the price that I paid to see this view
And now that I'm here I would never trade
The grace that I feel and the faith that I find
Through the bittersweet tears and the sleepless nights

I used to pray He'd take it all away
But instead it became a beautiful heartbreak

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jenny - this was JUST what I needed this week. There's been a lot of heartbreak going around this month, it seems. The video made me cry! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny I had no idea you were blogging!!! Thanks for the good ju-ju :-) Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved when I saw this. Made me cry and so very true to life! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy - I'm glad you enjoyed it, too. Thanks for texting and checking in on me after I posted it. :)

    Lacey - Yep, this is my little blog. Feel free to stop by anytime. We should definitely keep in touch! Hope you're getting all settled in.

    Emilee - my mom told me about this song/video, then I noticed you posted it on Facebook that same day. Great minds really do think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!