Sunday, August 7, 2011

Remember when I used to blog?

Yesterday my friend, Holly, told me that she misses reading my blog. I was flattered, really, because I didn't think anyone would notice that I haven't been writing much lately, and this was actually the second time Holly had mentioned it.

I think this means one of two things: 1) there might actually be other people out there missing my posts, or 2) Holly is the only person on the planet who thinks I'm as funny as I do. Thanks for that, Holly.

It's true, I've been out of the blogging loop for a couple months. I haven't written (or read) much of anything lately. Things have been a little strange around here with these repeated hospital admissions, trying to find the time and energy for some fun summer activities and dealing with a toddler who thinks that screaming at the top of her lungs, swan diving out of her crib at all hours of the night and incessantly tormenting the dog makes her more accomplished as a Terrible Two. By the way, thanks for sneaking that strawberry out of the kitchen and hiding it in the rocking chair earlier today, Morgan. That was a fun little surprise for me and my new shorts.

I'm hoping to get back in the game very soon. I have a couple ideas rolling around in my head that I'd like to turn into real posts sometime in the near future, but we'll see how that works out. In the ebb and flow of life, my creativity seems to be lingering on the ebb side a little too much lately. On that note, is there anything you want to hear about? Anything? I'm open to suggestions.

In the meantime, here is a short clip of Morgan on her birthday last year. Can you believe this kid is turning two this week???

video

5 comments:

  1. I've missed reading your blog too and Holly isn't the only one who thinks you have a marvelous sense of humor. Love reading your and Morgan's funny escapades, i.e. Morgan putting the strawberry in the chair, although; sorry about the stain on the new shorts.
    Jenny, you can write about anything at all and we'll just love it.
    Pray you're feeling better and can get out and enjoy the remainder of the summer.

    "LC"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed reading as much from you, but I totally get it. I've been out of the loop lately too. I would love to hear about how your balancing work, mommyhood and CF. I balance these things every day too, so I would love to hear another perspective.

    Hugs from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,

    I check for a new post almost everyday. I also miss your humor and your realistic views on life. I realize that when you don't blog you are probably not feeling well, so each new post brightens my day and gives me some assurance that you are at least holding your own in your daily challenges.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I also get excited when there's a new post and am sad that it hasn't been as often as I would like. But it's good to recognize when you need to take a break and just focus on you.

    As far as suggestions go, I love reading your newsletters to Morgan, so will look forward to a two year newsletter. and I like your totally random posts that somehow tie into something meaningful (one of my all time favorites was the Taylor Swift seeping through the floor boards and landing in your dinner) Whatever you write about though, usually makes me either laugh or cry and I think that's why everyone loves reading your blog.
    Love ya. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!