Monday, August 29, 2011

It kills me to admit it, but he was right

It's a well known fact among the people who know me that I'm a total homebody. I love being home so basically if you want to hang out, you can come watch TV with me after I put the kids to bed. As long as you don't mind stepping over and/or around things because, as previously mentioned, my house is usually a disaster.

Aren't I awesome? Don't you wish you were my real-life friend?

It's not that I hate going out, it's just that first and foremost I'm a mom. And I'm totally okay with that. I've had to spend far too many nights away from Morgan while I'm in the hospital, so I have a really hard time choosing to spend more time apart. Adam is always trying to convince me that we need to have some "alone time"... whatever that means. I'd be ashamed to admit how often he's tried to find a babysitter so he can take me on a date, only to have me insist that we should rent a movie and watch it in our pajamas instead.  

This past weekend, after a lot of planning and convincing on Adam's part (and maybe just a few tears on mine) my sister-in-law took the girls and we had the entire night completely to ourselves. You may think you know what we did with our free time ("Giggity!") but truth be told, of all the things we could have done, what I wanted to do most was go to the County Fair.


The first summer that Adam and I lived together, he took me to the fair and we spent an entire night eating greasy fair food, wandering through the booths and riding the Zipper and Tilt-a-Whirl until neither of us could take it anymore. We were young and drunk in love, and it was a total blast! I wanted another night like that but with less vomiting, which means that I decided not to load up on vodka  funnel cake before hopping on the rides this time.

Our little fair is nothing to boast about. In fact, the picture above pretty much captures the entirety of the event. We only rode two rides, both of which were a little bit lame; one of the Carnies had the audacity to ask if I was pregnant before letting me on the ferris wheel; we paid an obscene amount of money for a bottle of water and my churro was frozen inside.

But Adam was right. This "alone time" crap he's always talking about is actually pretty amazing! In fact, I think that was the best churro I've ever eaten.

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you were able to get out and about! The older I get the more I hate going out...and I dont even have kids to blame =P I blame it on a socially awkward fiancee who hates people. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself -- which is always great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you always make me laugh! Glad you were able to get out for a whle

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!