Friday, July 22, 2011

Multiple choice

1. I'm writing this post from: 

a. a jacuzzi on the sun deck of a fancy yacht, somewhere in the Caribbean.
b. a high-rise suite with my husband beside me, sipping wine and happily celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary (which was yesterday).
c. a hospital bed because I've come down with yet another lung infection.


2. I've spent most of the past four days:

a. mastering the art of javelin-throwing.
b. making the preparations necessary to protect myself and my family in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse. You can never be too cautious.
c. catching up on some sleep/pacing my room/walking the halls/working on a few crafts/basically anything to keep my mind from shriveling up like a dried out jellyfish.


3. The most interesting part of my stay so far has been:

a. the crazy woman screaming profanities in French then trying to strangle her nurse.
b. Sushi Thursday! (Hospital sushi? Surprisingly not bad.)
c. surprise visits and phone calls from friends/meeting new friends.

*****

If you guessed mostly c's you are correct! (I suppose any answer on number 3 would be acceptable.) So, in case you didn't guess or haven't already heard, I'm back in the hospital. I've actually been here since Monday. I haven't posted about it yet because... well, because quite frankly there are only so many ways a person can say I'm in the hospital... again before it becomes yesterdays old, boring news.

I will likely be here through all of next week as well. We're doing things a little differently this time, changing my meds up a bit to target a strain of bacteria that hasn't been treated very aggressively in the past. I'm hopeful that THIS will be the stay that gets me out of this rut I've been in and keeps me out of the hospital for a while. My new meds  include one called Rifampin which is known for making a person's bodily fluids (pee, spit, tears, etc.) turn reddish-orange. Can you guess what I did the first time I saw my neon orange urine?

a. Screamed then brought a nurse in for a second opinion.
b. Tried to remember what I'd eaten that could possibly turn my pee THAT color.
c. Took a picture with my cell phone and sent it to my cousin Niki.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in last month, Mahon and I pretended the whole weekend that we were staying in a high-class resort in Hawaii. It was actually surprisingly fun. ;) Maybe that just goes to show how pressed for entertainment we are in the hospital....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you are ack there again. I hope they can help you this time and keep you out for quite a while or for good, that would be AWESOME! As for my guess on the last question about your pee.........I guess C!! :) Well I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!