Monday, July 11, 2011

Let's catch up, shall we?

I've started writing several posts in the past week, but needless to say none of them have been published. So now, rather than try to finish several posts, I'm going to compile them here and give you a quick summary of what's been going on.

Our Fourth of July was great. I hope yours was, too.





 


Several of you have asked for an update on The Monster House. A couple weeks ago we had someone take a look at her, more specifically the area in the kitchen we believed was the source of the mold. The gentleman was very encouraging and told us not only where to start, but also exactly what we needed to do to eradicate the mold. This past weekend we FINALLY got around to working on it. (Well not me specifically, but you know what I mean.)

I couldn't stop staring at this cute guy with the respirator.
Shhh, don't tell my husband.

My Dad

They enclosed their work area with plastic then set a giant
fan outside the window, creating a wind tunnel.
There is some good news and some bad news. The good news is that  there was minimal mold. The bad news is that there was minimal mold. We were expecting to open the ceiling and find TONS of mold, which could explain why I've been struggling so much lately. The tiny amount we did find was not enough to blame my recent health issues on. In fact, there currently is a brick of cheese in my fridge with more mold on it. So they started tearing holes in other random walls, hoping to find something. No luck. The mold just wasn't there. But I understand tearing my house apart was pretty fun for the guys.


We are now in the process of trying to target other possible triggers and eliminate them. The next step will be to replace some of our old carpet with wood laminate flooring (something we've been wanting to do for a while now, anyway). I'm also pursuing some allergy testing, but since the allergy clinic is an hour and a half away and I've used all my personal and vacation time for hospital stays (thanks for that one, CF) I have to wait until I have a day off work to go do that.

I'm currently fighting a cold that Morgan picked up who knows where and oh-so-generously shared with me. She's a real sweetheart like that. Right now it's nothing to worry about, but my recent history would suggest that it may turn into something bigger. Lately, a "cold" is all it takes to land me in the hospital. I'm even more concerned this time around because I haven't been feeling up to par since my last hospitalization. I guess we'll see how it goes.

How has YOUR summer been so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!