Friday, June 24, 2011

Love, love, love

One year ago, a sweet little boy named Conner Jones earned his angel wings at the tender age of seven. I would have never guessed that this little boy I'd never met could have such a profound effect on my life. Conner touched the hearts of thousands of people within the CF community and beyond. This is his mother Sara's heartbreaking account of his passing (entitled "24 Hours"). I'm willing to bet that if you take a few minutes to read it you, too, will be forever changed.

Tonight I'm asking you (whoever may be reading this) a favor - for me, for Conner, for any parent who has felt the soul-wrenching pain of losing a child, for anyone who has lost a friend or loved one to cystic fibrosis, for the far too many souls that have been taken home too early, but most importantly for yourself - please take an extra moment to tell someone "I love you", to laugh a little more, to hug your kids a little longer, to really live and to love, love, love.

And please... PLEASE... don't take a single breath for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!