Monday, June 6, 2011

In my absence

So, I haven't written for a while. There's good reason for that, I promise.

First of all, I can sum up my hospital stay by saying 1) it was boring 2) it was frustrating and 3) there were a hundred places I would have rather been. But by the end of my first week inpatient I felt phenomenally better, so it was totally worth it.

I came home on Friday, feeling pretty darn good. We had a little barbecue and I spent the evening chatting with friends, holding my girls, cuddling with my husband and flashing someone every half hour or so. (People were very interested in taking a peek at my new port. Never one to disappoint, I whipped that baby out each and every time I was asked.)
After everyone left and we got things cleaned up, we put the girls to bed and sat down to a movie while I did my evening treatments. I quickly fell asleep on the couch and woke up to Morgan crying about an hour later. I didn't realize it when I first got up, but it soon became evident that my old friends Shortness of Breath and Achy Bones were back. They really missed me during our short separation. Soon enough Stabbing Pain in Right Lung joined up with us.

I had another terrible night overall, but finally fell asleep in a semi-upright position around 3:00 am. Saturday morning I felt nearly as bad as I had the day I was admitted. Again, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I spent most of the day cuddled up on the couch next to my oxygen concentrator. I was undeniably sick again, just hours after being discharged from the hospital. To say I was upset is an understatement; to say I held my shit together would be an OUTRIGHT LIE.


I realize this is a terrible place to end this post but if I don't hit publish now,
I don't know when I will. I promise I'll finish this story as soon as I can. 
My baby girl is asking to cuddle with her Mama and 
right now that is the most important
 thing in my world. 

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am so sorry. I wish that there was something I could for you! I hope that you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny! I hope you are just a little worn out and not really sick. I love you girl. It was nice talking to you while in the hospital. I wish we were friends under better circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!