Friday, March 25, 2011

Don't you hate it?

Don't you hate it when you can't sleep because you're actively coughing up (what feels like) pieces of your lung?

Don't you hate it when your kid can't sleep because she's got a terrible cold and keeps gagging on her own mucus?

And don't you just hate it when you've been up for three (going on four) hours, coughing, puking, and doing breathing treatments all while trying to console a sick, exhausted baby?

I bet you hate it when you've done all that you can think of to MAKE THE COUGHING STOP, but nothing helps.

Don't you hate it when you get on facebook to pass the time since you won't be sleeping anytime soon anyway, but of course no one else is on facebook. They're sleeping. Ironic.

Don't you hate it when you're finally settled in a semi-upright position, the coughing has eased (a little) and you're about ready to fall asleep when the baby starts crying again?

The cherry on top? Your husband sleeps through it all.

Don't you just hate that?

Yeah, me too.

5 comments:

  1. Jenny,

    Hoping that you and Morgan are feeling better now and you're able to get some needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, been there, done that and absolutely hate it! Sorry...
    If it makes you feel any better, I've been dealing with insomnia and only got 2 hours af sleep last night, before my son came to tell me he peed his bed and then was up for the day. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!

    "Don't you hate it when you get on facebook to pass the time since you won't be sleeping anytime soon anyway, but of course no one else is on facebook. They're sleeping. Ironic. "

    I SO HAVE FELT THAT. Whenever I'm up in the middle of the night nebbing I have this feeling of, "People SHOULD be awake right now, just to keep me company in my misery. It's their duty." Sadly... nobody ever is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst part of the whole thing is that Adam, He Who Sleeps Through Everything, is the grumpy one today!

    Stacey - am I a bad person if hearing that DOES make me feel a little better? Knowing I'm not the ONLY one? Ha ha, honestly I'm very sorry you're dealing with no sleep as well. Grr is right!

    Cindy - maybe next time, we'll be on facebook together... keeping each other company in our sleepless, hacking misery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I do hate it, very much! I'm sorry you are sick and hope you both recover quickly! Ben sleeps through everything too. It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!