Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh happy (sneezy) day



So I've been feeling a little off for a couple days, like I might be getting a cold (yes, again!). At first it was just like hey, I'm a cold. No big deal. Then last night it suddenly went from hi, how are ya? to  pay attention to me, WOMAN!

First of all, that's just rude. Second, I don't have the time or energy to deal with another cold right now.

So I took some NyQuil and went to bed early, hoping that by morning it would calm considerably and I could go back to ignoring it. But when I woke up this morning it was all like get these MOTHER F***IN' SNAKES off this MOTHER F***IN' PLANE! and I knew I was out of luck - this cold is here to stay and it refuses to sit quietly in the corner.

My entire head is throbbing, my throat is on fire, I cannot stop sneezing and due to the massive amounts of Emergen-C I've been drinking, I've peed 36 times in the last 45 minutes. And another thing, who knew the human body could produce THIS MUCH snot?

I'm not asking for your sympathy. Really, I'm not. In fact, all of that has nothing to do with what I was planning to post about.

All I really wanted to say is that today has been a gorgeous day! I mean, did you see today? I can't put my finger on what specifically made it so beautiful, except maybe the fact that I actually felt warmed by the rays of the sun -- in Utah, in February -- if even for just a brief moment.

Granted, I was sitting in my car (with my heater on) and the sun was just shining through my window, but it still totally counts in my book.

Whatever the reason, I'm so full of light and love today that nothing -- not even the mountain of dirty dishes in my sink or a cold the size of Samuel L. Jackson -- can get me down.

So if you're in need of a little extra happy today, feel free to borrow some of mine. As long as you don't mind a little snot with it.

1 comment:

  1. I need to borrow some, do I need to pay shipping though to get it here?

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!