Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On this, that, and meeting a legend

The Hole, The Joint, The Clink (one of my personal favorites)... call it what you like, I'm in it.

It's no surprise as I've been feeling increasingly ICK! over the past several weeks; there have been some good days, but mostly just okay days, with a handful of downright nasty days thrown in there, too. It's not a dire situation, but it's definitely time to do something. I'm trying this new thing (for me) called preventative care. As in, DON'T wait until you're on your death bed to take care of things. Apparently, it's all the rage. I'll let you know how it works out.

Lung function is down. A little more than I expected it to be, even. But I'm still feeling okay; optimistic that we caught this in time!

I'm not going to lie, the next two weeks aren't going to be fun, but they are going to be productive. The plan? Well, other than nonstop partying for fourteen days, of course, I'll be on continuous IV antibiotics along with an oral antibiotic. I'll do respiratory therapy four times a day and glorified exercise pulmonary rehab once a day. I think that's a pretty normal hospital routine for most CFers, except I have a secret weapon in my arsenal that few others do:


Okay, okay, so I don't actually think that pudding and coke hold any kind of special healing powers, but I got into my room late enough that I didn't get a dinner tray. By the time we figured out I wasn't going to get one, the cafeteria was all but closed, so this is what I ended up having for dinner. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

I didn't get a PICC today, either. I'm told it will happen sometime tomorrow. Also on the schedule: a sinus CT scan. I warned you about all the partying, didn't I?

I'm going to keep this short tonight. I'm hoping to get at least some sleep before someone comes in to poke me with a needle again (today's count so far: 3). But one more thing before I go: you know how they say that meeting a legend is disappointing? Something like the person is never as cool as you make them out to be in your mind? Well, that's poppycock, I say! Why? Because a) it's just a neat thing to say. Poppycock! Go ahead and try it. I'll wait....

...See. Fun, huh?

And b) I had the pleasure of briefly meeting the gorgeous Somer Love tonight and she is EVERY BIT as adorable as I'd always imagined she'd be!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you and Somer can construct a plan to break out of the "joint" if the partying becomes a drag.

    Hey, you might be onto something with the Coke and pudding, but hopefully; you will get better meals for the rest of your stay.

    On a more serious note, you're doing the right thing by checking in and "nipping it in the bud" and you'll be out in time to enjoy your Holidays.

    Wishing you tons of wellness from GA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahon LOVES the hospital pudding. LOVES it.

    Good luck with your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they let you get a little sleep before the poking begins. Are you at the U? Zoey does her clean outs and Primary's.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!