Monday, December 13, 2010

Maybe I am sick

In order to cure some of my boredom here in the hospital, I've been watching twelve consecutive hours of America's Next Top Model walking around a lot. To make the most of those walks, I've been opting to take the stairs instead of an elevator. Apparently, that's pretty unusual. Earlier today, my nurse and I had a conversation that went a little something like this:

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just took the stairs so I'm a little out of breath."

"The stairs?"

"Yeah."

"You know there are elevators, right?"

"Yep."

"But you choose to take the stairs?"

"Uh, yeah."

"You are a sick individual, honey... and it's got nothing to do with your lungs."

4 comments:

  1. Be careful on the weekends... some of those stairwells are locked!!! Mahon wanted to go into one one day and I made him check to see if he'd be able to get out of it first. Indeed... the doors were locked - they would let you in, but wouldn't let you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought of that, Cindy. They haven't been locked since I've been here, but I remember thinking that I'd be in trouble if for some reason they did lock them, since I'm usually the only one in the entire stairwell, and they keep it VERY WELL heated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the only one! I also take stairs when i am in, which I am right now. I haven't been able to take the stairs this time here because I am on constant drip. But I still walk the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was like, "ha ha, you'd be locked in if it wasn't for me!" Actually, in all honesty, I think it was a little whisper of the Spirit. I never would have thought of it except that I know someone who was locked in a hospital stairwell once. LOL! Oh... and I must admit, I never take the stairs. I am always way too short of breath and way to Fibromyalgia-y (new term) for that.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!