Monday, December 27, 2010

It's THAT time again

On Christmas Eve, I could feel a cold coming on. You know the feeling: way in the back of your throat, before it's actually sore you feel a bit of a scratchy, tickly feeling and you just know you're getting sick. I have to admit, I wasn't really surprised. When I saw the green goop coming out of Morgan's nose a few days before, I figured it was only a matter of time before I'd catch whatever was going around. And then when she kissed me and got some of that green goop on my lips, I knew there was no escaping THE COLD.

Christmas morning was fabulous, and I have never had as much fun opening presents as I had watching Morgan tear into hers. As the morning went on, however, I started feeling worse. Much worse. By noon, I was fairly certain I was dying. Aside from the sore throat and runny nose, my body was aching and I was already starting to cough quite a bit. Then my back started hurting. A lot. The pain spread to my stomach and eventually it even worked it's way down to my thighs. It reminded me of... hmmm, what would be a good example? Oh yeah, it reminded me of that one time I spent twenty hours giving birth to a baby.

By this point, I was really worried. I knew it was more than just a cold, but on a weekend -- make that Christmas weekend -- my only option for medical care would be the emergency room. Although I was at that very moment writing my Last Will and Testament, I wasn't entirely sure an ER trip was warranted. So I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. And when I woke up four hours later, it all made sense. Now, I know for a fact that there are some men who read this blog and might be very uncomfortable if I said that I was experiencing my first post-baby period (Hi, Grandpa!) so I'll just say: it turns out I wasn't dying. I just forgot what it's like to be a woman.

And I'm glad I didn't jump the gun on that whole emergency room thing.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing with you! I just love those green goopy kisses. I got one from my little guy the other day too. So glad you avoided the hospital...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well a cold and being a woman is no fun sometimes. But I am glad there is no need for the Last Will. :) Feel better soon and give your munchkin a squeeze from me and Zoey. (We came home with a cold too, a gift from the hospital I am sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY EYES! THEY ARE BURNING FROM THE INFORMATION I JUST READ! IT FEELS LIKE HURTING! OWWEEEEEE!

    :-) Just kidding...kinda.

    Glad you are okay and I'm very happy to be a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. And Josh, you are a married man so I imagine it couldn't have been TOO traumatizing. Ha ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!