Monday, November 22, 2010

They don't call it Black Friday for nothin'

Last week, Adam told me he thinks we should do some Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving.


If you know Adam, I'm sure you'll understand why my reaction to this was "Who are you, and what have you done with my husband?" If you don't know him, let me just tell you that this is more than a little out of character for him.

This brilliant idea was coming from the man who avoids going to Wal Mart on weekends because the lines are a bit longer than usual; whose blood pressure skyrockets when people stand just a little too close to him; who, no matter how much he wants to see a movie, will wait until it is released on DVD just so he can avoid listening to people in the movie theater crunching on popcorn. The People Hater wants to go to the biggest, most crowded, most people-trampling-craptastic sale of the year.

"I don't think you're comprehending just how many people there will be, honey. You're going to HATE it," I told him.

"It'll be okay," he said.

"You realize that I'm going to be totally useless, right? I'm not going to shove people out of the way, or punch someone in the face to get a toy. In fact, I'll probably ride in the cart the whole time just to be sure I'm not trampled to death."

"That's fine."

"And as soon as you start complaining that it's too crowded or that I'm not helping enough, I'm going to bring up this conversation, then make fun of you on my blog. You are aware of that, right?"

"Right."

So, I guess we're going shopping on Friday. If you are insane hitting the big sales as well, please be advised that if you come across an angry man mumbling profanities under his breath while his wife shouts "REMEMBER THAT CONVERSATION?" you should not, under any circumstances, approach them.

Chances are, that man will be packing heat.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! Your husband sounds EXACTLY like my dad. Last year him and I went out on Black Friday at 3:00 a.m. for a laptop, and he dropped me off at the door and said call me when you're in the check out line. haha.we didn't get the computer. lol but he told me i was crazy to do it again this year. lol.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!