Wednesday, November 17, 2010

But I might stick a poison apple in your stocking


Shylee: Are we going to have a Christmas tree this year?

Me: Of course we are. Why do you ask?

Shylee: I just thought you might not let us have one.

It's interesting to learn that you're perceived as the kind of person who might blacklist Christmas trees. My mind raced, trying to pinpoint the moment I had said or done something to make her think that. I was sure I'd never given her that impression; I love Christmas!

Then it hit me -- I'm the EVIL stepmother! I'm supposed to ban Christmas trees and kick puppies and things of that sort. Sometimes I have to be reminded.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! My step-daughter is 10 and I KNOW she has thought of me as the evil step-mother before... However, I also know she loves me dearly. Step-parenting is hard, especially when you have one of your own. Now get back to making her scrub that floor on her hands an knees with a toothbrush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, you're so right. Being a stepmom is very challenging at times, but fortunately it's a job that comes with it's own perks... you know, besides assigning all the dirty housework to her. ;)

    There is SO MUCH love between us, and as hard as it can be (and WILL be during those teenage years) I am very grateful to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to let you know how much I LOVE it! great post. I will be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Melissa. I certianly hope to hear from you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi !
    I just want to say hi and leave a notice. I am 38 years old and have cf. I live in Sweden and also have a sister who has cf. I had a double lungtransplant in 1995 and I feel great. I hope that we all together can fight for a cure. Take care. Best wishes from Carola , adult with cf

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!