Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Day of Thanks

nDay 1:  Today I'm thankful for understanding coworkers.

Day 2:  Today I am thankful for memories. My cousin and I shared some of our memories of my sister, Shannan, who passed away when I was 6, and I've felt her presence today more than I have in a long time.

Day 3: I am thankful that the recovery from my severed achilles tendon (and the surgery to repair that tendon) has been relatively speedy and complication-free. Here's to continued improvement!

Day 4: I'm thankful that I was able to come home from work and hug my daughter. Not everyone in our little community was able to do that today.  

Day 5: Today I'm thankful for random compliments from strangers. A few sweet, simple words can really go a long way.

Day 6: I am SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL to be a mom! I could list this one every single day for the rest of my life, and it wouldn't even begin to convey my gratitude.

Day 7: Today I'm thankful to have a husband who does his own laundry.

Day 8: Today I'm thankful that Mother Nature allowed us to have a few more absolutely gorgeous days of fall before we have to head into winter. That being said: Goodbye, Sunshine. See you in six months!  

Day 9: Today I'm thankful for friends. Over the past few years they have become fewer and farther between, but to those who have stuck around, thank you. You guys are amazing!
 
Day 10: Today I'm thankful to know that there are still decent people in the world; people who are willing to step up and do right by someone else.

Day 11: I'm thankful that I was taught to always be accepting and respectful of others. Some of the most amazing people I've ever met have walked a very different path than my own, and some of the strongest life lessons have come from those with different beliefs.

Day 12: I am incredibly thankful for my CF family. The online CF community is one of the most caring, supportive and encouraging groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Day 13: Today, I'm thankful for restful weekends.
 
Day 14: I'm thankful to have a husband who occasionally lets me sleep in while he feeds the girls breakfast and gets them ready for the day.

Day 15: I'm thankful that Adam and I live near both our extended families. They are a great support system and I love knowing that my girls will grow up close to their cousins like I did.  

Day 16: I'm thankful to have step-parents that I TRULY love. I'm also grateful that all the steps and exes in our family get along so well. I have learned by their example that a "broken family" is what you make of it... and ours is pretty amazing!

Day 17: Today I'm thankful to have a husband who can always make me laugh... even when I'm upset with him. (Although sometimes it drives me CRAZY when I'm trying so hard to be mad and he's sitting there just-a-crackin' me up.)

Day 18: Although it can be very challenging at times, I'm so thankful to be a stepmom. Morgan may have made me a momma, but it's Shylee who broke me in.

Day 19: I'm thankful for our jobs. They have kept food on the table, clothes on our back and a roof over our heads, and that makes us more fortunate than a lot of people out there. Some of the most meaningful relationships in my life are the ones I have with my coworkers.

Day 20: Today I'm thankful that my dad taught me how to glue a cake back together with icing. Shylee's cake was about 85% frosting, but it was still pretty yummy! Hey, I've never claimed to be good at this whole "baking" thing.

Day 21: I'm thankful to have a husband who makes me do my airway clearance and breathing treatments, even when I beg him to let me skip them "just this once".

Day 22: I'm thankful that both Adam and I are able to get health insurance through our employers.

Day 23: I'm thankful beyond words that the babysitter's house is not only conveniently close to work, but also a place where I know Morgan will be well taken care of and, most importantly, where she is loved like part of the family. Thank you for all that you do for us, Mindy!

Day 24: Today I'm thankful that it's a short work week. Bring on the long weekend, and BRING ON THE TURKEY!

Day 25: I'm thankful to be blessed with wonderful parents who have loved me unconditionally, taught me so much, and are awesome grandparents.

-----------

I first thought that as the month progressed, I may have a difficult time finding things to be grateful for each day, but I found that the real problem was trying to limit myself to listing just one thing per day. I've been humbled by this experience, and I've realized once again how rich with blessings my life is.

I will continue 30 Days of Thanks on Facebook through the end of the month. I just thought that today was a fitting day to post this. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!