Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The good... and the bad

The good news is: the Doc says I'll be out of a cast and off crutches in two weeks!
The bad news is: that means two more weeks until I can wash my foot.

The good news is: considering how quickly the muscle in my upper leg has atrophied, my calf was considerably larger than I expected it to be after four weeks of immobility.
The bad news is: it was also considerably hairier than I expected.

The good news is: soon, I'll be able to walk again (with some assistance).
The bad news is: that means physical therapy starts soon, too.

The good news is: I go back to clinic on Friday and if my PFT's are acceptable, they'll pull my PICC.
The bad news is: if my PFT's aren't significantly higher than last Friday, I'll be on IV's for another week.

The good news is: I'm feeling great, so my hopes for coming home IV-free are high.
The bad news is: besides the fevers I was having, I was feeling pretty darn good and had no idea I was coming down with something in the first place.

The good news is: (for those of you who have missed the boob talk) my boobs are entirely pain free at this point and Morgan has handled weaning like a total champ.
The bad news is: I still cry over having to wean her before I felt like we were ready.

The good news is: I got a raise at work!
The bad news is: it won't quite make up for all the hours I'll be missing for physical therapy.

The good news is: this is the end of this post.
The bad news is: I'll be posting again before you know it.

5 comments:

  1. You went from 80% to 14% without noticing it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, no Cindy. I was down 14% (so, in the upper 60's) not DOWN TO 14%... I suppose I should have been more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds to me like most of the good news outweighs the bad news. yay! Glad to hear you're feeling better.

    PS. I nanny for 2 girls and the youngest could be Morgan's twin! She has the same blonde blonde- wispy- barely- there type hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Jenny - I was like, how were you even WALKING at that point??? 14% is usually the point where you're intubated and permanently in bed. Well, a 14% drop isn't nearly that bad, then. Here I was thinking you were at death's doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cindy, that would be a MUCH MORE dire situation. Can you imagine them simply sending me home on IV's saying "Good luck"... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!