Sunday, August 22, 2010

Days like today

I cherish days like today when I find myself surrounded by loved ones, good food and laughter.

Days when late birthday parties are thrown because a pesky hospitalization got in the way of a proper celebration for my little one.



When kids can walk around in nothing but a diaper all day long and nobody cares.


I love days like today when we eat too much, then sit around enjoying each other's company and soaking up the sunshine.

When sweet moments are shared between mama and baby.




I adore days like today when I have absolutely nothing to do except relax.

When uncles and cousins help open birthday presents.


When chubby cheeks are plentiful and there is just so much love in the air, you can almost taste it.


Then, to top it all off, I get to go home and play peek-a-boo with my sweetheart.

Days like today are good for my soul.


Days like today are the exact reason I need to be home instead of cooped up in a hospital room hours away from here.

Days like today heal me.

2 comments:

  1. Best Medicine EVER!!! Glad you are home and had an AMAZING day! How much longer with the PICC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somer, I'm hoping it comes out Friday! But depending on my PFT's, I may have to keep it an extra week.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!