Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today is a good day

Three years ago today, I stared into a full length mirror in my grandmother's little bedroom as my sister made the finishing touches on my hair, securing my veil with bobby pins.

Three years ago today, my mom helped me into my wedding dress and held the train up as we shuffled outside.


Three years ago today, I walked outside in full bridal attire, looked at my soon-to-be sister in law, and we both cried. (The tears certainly didn't end there.)

Three years ago today, my dad led me down the aisle as we were accompanied by my cousins playing the traditional wedding march on the piano and violin.


Three years ago today, under an arch of daises in my grandparents backyard, I looked into the eyes of the man I love and, before our friends and family, we recited our written wedding vows.  

Three years ago today, we promised to love without reservation, to be each other's constant friend and faithful companion, to honor, respect, and cherish one another.


Three years ago today, I assumed his last name and he claimed my heart and soul.

Three years ago today, my dad had to conceal his teary eyes behind tinted glasses when he whispered along with the lyrics as we danced. 


"How could that beautiful woman with you be the same freckle-faced kid that I knew, the one that I read all those fairytales to and tucked into bed all those nights?"

"I prayed that she'd find you someday, but it's still hard to give her away, I loved her first."



Three years ago today, my sweetheart held me close and we danced together for the first time as husband and wife.

Three years ago today, I became a stepmom.


Three years ago today,  I stopped living for myself.

Three years ago today, I married the love of my life and I'm still just so incredibly happy to call him mine.


Today is a good day, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been three years! I love how in love you still are. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!