Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here's to next Tuesday!



We've been needing a miracle.

Don't get me wrong, our little family has been so blessed. Probably more than we deserve. But times are hard. Money is tight, Adam's work has been unsteady and bills are piling up. I feel like we've barely been treading water for the last year or so. No matter how hard we try, we rarely make any progress. And when we do, it seems like a huge wave comes along, smacks us right in the face and sets us back just a little further. Adam and I are both so tired. Lately I've felt like something has to give or we're going to end up sinking.

This morning we were thrown a life raft.

"Mr. Livingston, we'd like you to come in for a job interview next week." said the voice on the other end of the phone.

"I feel like I need to tell you up front that I haven't received the proper training yet." Adam said. (Something that has completely knocked him out of the running before.)

"That's not an issue. We're more than willing to work something out with you. Please stop by on Tuesday."

It's definitely not a sure thing, but it's a start.

It's an interview for a job that not only pays better--a definite plus, but one that also comes with much better benefits (health insurance!). A job that promises more reliability than his current one. A job that could potentially make it possible for me to work part-time instead of full-time...someday. A small step towards me becoming a stay at home mom.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard. I feel like there's such potential here. Adam finally has his foot in a door that's been closed and locked tight...until now. I can't help but be hopeful. It's absolutely exhausting, barely keeping my head above water. I'm not asking for a ride on a pleasure cruise, but it'd be nice to at least hop into a canoe.

I was never a good swimmer to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!