Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Since I became a Mom...

-I've learned that showering is a luxury.

-I appreciate my own mother on an entirely new level.

-I've become completely comfortable with saying things like "That smell? I'm pretty sure it's the regurgitated breast milk in my hair." and "Oh, this spot on my shirt? It's just a little snot. It'll fade as it dries."

-I've discovered that there is no such thing as too many pictures.

-I've successfully cut the time it takes me to get ready in the mornings by more than half.

-My capacity to love has grown exponentially, right along with the piles of laundry.

-I've learned that things like poop and vomit really aren't that bad when they come from your own kid.

-I now laugh, and cry, more than I ever thought possible.

-I've lost contact with certain people that I should have banished from my life years ago.

-I've learned to accept and, more importantly, appreciate my body.

-I'm discovering that, no matter how many times I vowed not to, I'm becoming my mother. I'm also discovering that maybe it's not such a terrible thing.

-I've found more strength within myself than I ever would have guessed was hiding in there.

-I've learned that a baby's laughter can heal the soul.

-My relationship with God has improved considerably.

-I've realized that I didn't ever know as much as I thought I did, and that this learning experience (the journey of parenthood) is really just beginning.

-I've never been more excited about the future.  

1 comment:

  1. Again...love your writing. You make me picture exactly what you are talking about. You should write a book...seriously. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!