Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter


I DON'T LIKE WINTER. I hate the cold. I detest the slick, icy roads. I loathe the fact that I have to wake up 15 minutes early to ensure that I have time to warm up my car and scrape my windows.

I've always been a summer person, and I'm even more excited for summer this year because Morgan will be at such a fun age. Adam and I are avid campers, but because of the constant pregnancy scares we were having, we didn't get the chance to go much last year. A frantic ride down the mountain to the hospital at 12:30 AM with a seven-month-pregnant me bouncing off the truck seat and simultaneously shouting 'HURRY, PLEASE' and 'BE CAREFUL, DAMMIT' was only fun once.

So, I'm going a little stir crazy--aching to get out of the house and into the sun. But in the meantime, I'm trying to appreciate the beauty of the season.

1 comment:

  1. way to be positive. i am not quite there yet. i am somewhere in between "the plus side is, it will be over in a few months" and "Chris,if we have to spend one more winter in this awful, frozen place, Halle and I might leave you and move to Mexico."

    I guess the icicles are pretty though, if one likes that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!