Saturday, February 27, 2010

Raptors, Triceratops, T-Rex... Oh My!


Adam and I recently took the girls to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. In all honesty, the trip was just as much for Adam as it was for the little ones--he'd never been to a musuem of that sort. I don't know about you, but I usually think of dinosaurs as these mythical, fantasy creatures. It's interesting to see the bones, read the plaques, and realize that these things DID, in fact, exist.

Here are the girls right before we actually entered the museum. You can see that Shylee is VERY excited, while Morgan is not AT ALL amused:


It was really dark in there, which made it difficult to get good pictures, but here are a few of the exhibits:











This one was my personal favorite. It depicted 'early man' hunting a Giant Mammoth:


If you look closely at the above picture, you can see that there is a guy about to be squished by the Mammoth's giant hind leg. It was DEFINITELY not this dude's day:


Luckily, his buddy was standing on a cliff overhead, ready to help out:



Overall, it was a good day and we had an awesome time. My absolute favorite part of the day wasn't the museum itself, though. It wasn't even the 3-D movie we watched about BUGS. No, my favorite part of the entire day happened just as we were getting ready to head home. We were in the elevator on our way out, when Shylee started rubbing her cheek and with a look of utter disgust, turns to me and says "I have a nipple on my face!" Confused, I asked her "A what?" And, louder this time so everyone in the elevator could hear, she says "A NIPPLE! It's on my face!"





It's a trip we'll definitely be making again, but I believe we'll wait until Morgan is old enough to appreciate it a little more and Shylee has learned the difference between a NIPPLE and a FRECKLE.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a pretty awesome place to visit my sons would love it... I have been reading up on your blog and cant wait to read more.... I could not imagine being pregnant and having CF, I whined just being pregnant lol.... How awesome... Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the difference between a nipple and a freckle is VERY important. ha ha too cute! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!