Friday, January 8, 2010

Early morning encounter

Early this morning I awoke, startled by the round little face sitting just inches in front of mine.

Shylee: Psst! Hey Jenny-mom! Can I go potty?
Me: Of course you can. You don't need permission to go potty.
Shylee: Oh, thank you!

As she skipped out of the room I couldn't help but laugh at the irony. We've taught her that whether or not she chooses to sleep, she needs to stay in her bedroom until the sun is up so the rest of us can get a little shut-eye. To ensure that she wouldn't get in trouble for leaving her room while it was still dark, she PASSES RIGHT BY THE BATHROOM to come to our bedroom and WAKE ME UP to ask if she can go potty.

I think the whole purpose of that lesson has been defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!