Friday, September 25, 2009

So ridiculously behind the times

No really. Let me tell you JUST how far behind the times... Adam and I DO NOT own a computer. Seriously. When I was growing up our family had a computer that could have very possibly been one of the first computers ever built. I think it could complete a total of maybe six functions. (Remember that weird air hockey game with the drunk alien? And how many times must we have played Oregon Trail?) We never even had internet access on that computer, but at least the computer existed. It's a little depressing to me that I can't even claim an old dinosaur of a computer like that one.

However, I work on a computer every day and sometimes I can sneak a few minutes of mindless internet play into my work day. I'm still a MySpacer... not Twitter, not even Facebook. MySpace. How lame am I? But through my pregnancy with Morgan I started blogging and posting those entries on MySpace. After a while it became almost theraputic for me. I found it really helped me to express what I was feeling, and I didn't even care whether or not people read what I wrote. But apparently people did. And apparently they liked what they read. So I've decided to actually start a blog.

Since I'm so ridiculously behind the times and don't own a computer I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post very often. And as far as posting pictures??? Well... let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? Just bear with me and I promise I'll try.

The first few posts on here will actually be some of the pregnancy posts I'd written in the months before Morgan's birth. (Maybe with a bit of editing...) My pregnancy was just such an important part of my life and since during that time is when I really caught the blogging bug, I feel like it's a good place to start.

1 comment:

  1. So, you've had this since september and never let me know! Apparently not very many people know about it because I don't see a lot of comments (I hope that my bringing that to your attention doesn't hurt your feelings). But it is beautiful and inspiring. My blog is mostly just pics of Halle. I rarely have anything profound to say. So, my friend Cindy, who I met in the hospital is calling for all CF bloggers (anyone who at least occasionally mentions CF). She wants to make a little registry or something. I am not going to do it because our blog is private and I rarely mention CF, but I think a lot of people would be interested in reading yours. Through Cindy's blog I have linked to a lot of other CF blogs, and it is interesting to read them sometimes. Anyway, if you want you can go to her blog www.beingcindy.blogspot.com ( I don't even know how to make it a link. You are not the only one behind the times) Anyway, I have to go get something done today while Halle is still asleep.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!