Monday, September 28, 2009

A little bit mushy

Originally posted June 25, 2009
It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that Adam is pretty much my favorite person in the entire world. Sometimes I make myself sick with how mushy I get talking about him, but lately it’s become increasingly hard to even think about him without silently gasping, My God, I am SO in love with this man!

Sure we have our issues, who doesn’t? I mean, it drives me crazy how he lets the smallest things ruin his entire mood. He hates the way I nag him to take the garbage out. When he squeezes the toothpaste tube from the top, even though I’ve showed him a million times how to correctly squeeze it, I seriously consider leaving a bag of dog poop on his truck seat to get back at him. Oh, and by the way, the fact that I absolutely love using the word ‘poop’ drives him insane! See... issues.

But when it comes right down to it, he just makes it too damn easy to love him. So easy, in fact, that it should be criminal. He is a good person, someone who cares deeply about his friends and family, someone who works incredibly hard day in and day out so he can provide for our little family, someone who loves to lay with his head on my belly to listen for and feel those little kicks, someone who calls me everyday at lunch just to see how my day is going, someone with strong hands to open stubborn pickle jars and hold me tightly when my emotions get the best of me.

As the weeks have slipped by and we’re inching closer to the day we’ll bring our baby girl home, I just can’t help but feel more and more grateful that HE is the father of my child. I know that I’ve posted quite a bit about pregnancy in the last several months and those posts have been heavily laced with sarcasm, but underneath all the exaggeration lies an unbelievable feeling of gratitude. I posses a very real appreciation for the beauty of this whole experience and I feel so lucky to have been given this responsibility. And I’m even luckier to have a loving partner to see me through the whole nine months–someone who is just as excited as I am about this baby and who has been there to support me from day one. I know there are so many women who go through this experience alone or with a partner who’d rather not be a part of the whole process. I can’t thank my husband enough for all he has done and continues to do for me. I finally get to have his baby, and nothing makes me happier!

I’m sure in these last few weeks I’ll have more to say about the thrills of pregnancy– like the fact that recently I’ve been feeling an intense need to pee, only to sit on the toilet and have like 3 whole drops come out. Or that due to the constantly changing size of my boobs I am convinced there is no longer a bra on the entire planet that would fit me. But the closer I get to my due date the more I’ve felt the need to communicate just how happy I am to be in my current situation and how much I really do love the man that got me here.


1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I owe you and Adam an apology. This is a pretty lame way to make a long overdue apology, but reading this post brought it to my mind again. I once said some pretty horrible things to you and some not so nice things about your husband (in email form...you may remember...) It was a long time ago, before I even knew Adam, but that doesn't excuse it.

    I just wanted to acknowledge that I know Adam is a good person and a great husband. You two are obviously very much in love and I am truly glad that you found him. You are lucky to have what you have.I am proud of you guys and proud of your life and proud of your beautiful little family. I am sorry I was a jerk. I think it's just that I love my life so much and I wanted you to have my life, but you don't. You have your life, and its a wonderful life too.

    Feel free to delete this email, or not..I just don't know if the whole world needs to be privy to our family drama. I just wanted to get this out while I was thinking about it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!