Monday, September 28, 2009

Internet, I'm craving corn dogs for breakfast

Originally posted Dec. 10, 2008
Lately I've been very passionate (some have even used the term ‘angry’) about babies, pregnancy, and anything even remotely related to either of these subjects. It's something I've wanted since I was a little girl, but something I have always been warned may never happen for me. Well, it still amazes me that I can say this, but I AM 5 WEEKS PREGNANT... and wanting to eat everything I see!

When we found out early last week we were completely surprised! I had all but given up on the possibiltiy of getting pregnant, then suddenly--- WOW! It couldn't have been more out of the blue or more unexpected. At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to say anything, even to the people close to us. There are just so many possibilities that it's a little scary to be too excited at this point. But, Adam and I decided together that we have every reason to be happy and to share that excitement with the people we love Sure, we may be setting ourselves up for huge disappointment if things don't go well, but if that were the case it would hurt regardless of how many other people knew about the pregnancy. We are going to be happy and optimistic, and just take it all in. This is what we have always wanted- we have to be thankful we've made it this far and hope and pray for the best!


There have been a lot of questions regarding my Cystic Fibrosis and the risks involved. Yes, there are risks for me and the baby. The first, and perhaps most obvious, is the risk of the baby having CF. We will get Adam tested to see if he’s a carrier of the gene and that will give us a better idea of what we’re looking at there. At this point, we just don't know. The doctor I have chosen to see has never treated a pregnant patient who also has CF. It will definitely be a learning experience for both of us. I will have to be monitored a bit more closely than most women, but all things considered I feel like I am healthy enough to handle this. We are VERY optimistic about it!


I have wanted this my entire life and I feel like God finally trusts me to handle it. I've always said that I was willing to take whatever was handed to me–whatever it takes for me to have this opportunity. Well here's my chance! I am ready and more than willing to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

First of all, thanks for reading my blog. Whether you visit regularly or this happens to be your first time here, I'd love to hear from you!